Get your generator installed by the pros. Trusted Power Systems is only focused on power systems. We are your one stop shop for all of your generator needs. We complete your generator project 100% from start to finish and do not subcontract any tasks out to subcontractors. Highest quality workmanship on every job, guaranteed.
We offer many financing options with no money down. Ask us for more information.
Trusted Power Systems is your number one resource for generator installation. For Chicagoland area customers interested in scheduling an installation, please contact us directly at 312-462-3299. If you are located outside of our service area but have questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help.
We install all generator makes and models. We are an authorized dealer for Briggs & Stratton, Cummins, GE, Generac, Kohler, & Winco generators.
We know the systems inside and out to minimize down time on your standby generator systems. Our goal is keep your generator as close to 100% uptime as possible. After we install or repair your system, we don't want to come back for another repair. Other companies enjoy coming out for multiple repairs to increase revenues. Thats not the belief of Trusted Power Systems. We want our customers to feel confident in their system and to be completely satisfied. Although we offer 24/7 emergency calls, we don't hope our customers have to call, but we are here for you.
For those in the Chicagoland area, Trusted Power Systems will work directly with you to properly size a generator to fit your exact needs. Our factory trained technicians understand all of the different options, combinations, and setups suited to your budget and power requirements. We ensure that our clients understand their options and our recommendations before beginning any project.
Fully licensed, insured, and bonded, our technicians use only the best products available to install your components. We customize the electrical and gas components to follow all codes, look professional, and last.
Automatic Transfer Switch Installation
Trusted Power Systems custom configures the correct automatic transfer switch to be paired with your automatic standby generator system. Whether its a residential automatic transfer switch, a commercial automatic transfer switch, multiple transfer switches, 2-wire start automatic transfer switch, or auto means failure automatic transfer switch, Trusted Power Systems has the resources to ensure the system is optimized for reliability, performance, and affordability.
Generator Sizing Guide
What size generator do you need? How many kiloWatt (kW) do you need? The required generator size is dependent on a few variables. At Trusted Power Systems, our certified crew looks at the customer's goals to determine the correct generator size in kiloWatt (kW) rating and kiloVoltAmp (kVA) rating. The generator load, inductive load, resistive load, startup surge load, ambient temperatures, fuel source, and site altitude are all determining factors to choosing the correct generator size. Trusted Power Systems offers complete generator sizes from 5kW (5 kiloWatt) to 1MW (1 MegaWatt) and paired with the correct automatic transfer switch(es).
WE ONLY OFFER PREMIUM INSTALLATIONS FOR ALL SYSTEMS, NO SHORTCUTS!
We include the following in every generator install:
- Standard generator warranty, supplied with purchase (varies by manufacturer).
- Standard 1 year labor guarantee on all parts and labor for gas and electrical components installed.
- Generator system delivery and preparation.
- Install gravel base and/or pre-cast concrete pad per manufacturer specifications.
- Coordinate utility consultation with Electric Service Provider and Natural Gas (or Propane) Service Provider for appropriate services.
- Check natural gas meter for proper sizing and coordinate meter/service upgrade if necessary.
- Custom install all gas and electrical components according to local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Run minimum 1 inch black gas pipe all the way to generator and convert down only at the generator. With larger generators, it is common to run 1 ¼ inch black gas pipe from the source to the generator or use a High Pressure system.
- Paint the newly installed exterior black gas pipe to prevent rust.
- Use drop cloths inside your home to protect your floors and protect landscaping from unnecessary damage. Cleanliness is important to us. We leave the work area clean and neat.
- Generator start-up, calibration, initial break in, and check.
- Setup and calibrate self-test exercise.
- Provide a Customer Tutorial and full documentation of the setup.
- Provide Customer Support via phone, web, and in-field service. We stand behind our products and services provided.